Search Engine Optimization [SEO]:
SEO is the process of implementing On-Page and Off-Page techniques which helps the website or web pages to rank higher on Google and yahoo search results.
Search Engines like Google or Yahoo displays website or pages higher on search results according to most relevant contents to the users.
There are many factors which will help in optimising your website. In this module, we will understand all the most relevant factors and apply them on your website which the participants will create in class.
If you don’t have any prior knowledge of SEO then this module will give you all what you have to know. This course provides you with an excellent foundation on “what SEO is”, “how it works” and most importantly, how to use it for you on your created website during the course.
Topics covered in the Module:
- What is SEO?
- What is SERP?
- Search Engine working and its functionalities
- What are the keywords and how to research Keywords
- Understanding Keyword mix
- On Page SEO & Off-Page Optimization
On Page Optimization:
- Initial Site Analysis, Competition Analysis, Density Analysis and placement
- Title & Meta Tags development, description, Site Structure Analysis
- What are Primary, Secondary and tertiary keywords
- Keyword optimization, Content optimization, sitemaps
- Web master integration, Internal linking
- Web Designing Basics using word Press again with SEO in mind
- URL Renaming / re – writing, Content Development Check
- Brief keyword Competition Review
- H1,H2,H3 Tags, Anchor Text, Robots .txt Creation
- Existing Web Content Optimization
- HTML Validation, Creation of XML/ HTML/ROR/Text Sitemaps
- Canonical/404 Implementation
- What is FTP and How to use FTP?
- Google Analytics (Statistics) setup and management
Off Page Optimization:
These factors are largely controlled by readers, visitors and other publishers. In other words Off- page SEO gives them a very good indication on how the World perceive the particular website.
These include activities you have to do outside the limits of your website. Some of them are:
- Link building
- Social media marketing
- Social bookmarking
Topics in Off–Page topics:
- Directory Submission, Dmoz Submission, Article submission
- Alexa Insights
- What is DA (domain Authority) and how Increase domain authority
- What is page rank and how to increase page rank?
- Google Hot Trends and Insights, Google Business centre submissions
- Geo Listing and Local Listing, which includes Classified Submissions & Google Map Submissions
- Direct Link Exchange / Direct Link Building / Understanding Link Juice
- Do’s and Don’ts of Link Building, RSS (Really Simple Syndication)
- Local and regional search engine indexing
- Forum Posting, Yahoo and Quora Answer Link Building
- Linked in Link Building Strategies and Online Reputation Management